The Objects of the University shall be
- To disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit;
- To make special provisions for integrated courses in humanities, social sciences, science and technology in its educational programmes;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research;
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the country;
- To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology; and
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.