Department of Psychology is one of the latest departments under the School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Central University of Haryana started from the academic year 2014-15. The School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences is one of the founding schools of the university. Department of Psychology offers PG Programme (M.A. Psychology) of two years duration which are divided into four semesters and based on choice based credit system (CBCS).
To pursue psychological learning and psychological advancements for the welfare of society in general and humanity in particular
- To prepare students for the study and service of psychological interventions to deal with social evils hampering humanity.
- To empower students to lead an effective positive change in the world by orienting them towards the ethics of professional and personal life.
- To inculcate values with exposure to scientific study of behavioural and mental processes prepare them to contribute significantly for the emancipation of humanity and welfare of the communities.
- To work for intellectual as well as academic engagement of students for their holistic development to deal with the global issues through their academic excellence.
Objectives of the Department
- To sensitize students with the prominent issues of existing social realities and equipped them to confront with best acquired knowledge of psychological advancements.
- To impart skills to have insights on psychological problems of the society and prepare them to intervene with enhanced psychological strategies.
- To ignite the spark of inquisitiveness in order to harness them for quality research accepted at the rostrum of international repute.
- To aware, realise and orient them morally, socially, educationally, emotionally and politically to be responsible human being with patriotic attitude and true pride of being ideal citizen of india.
Faculty of the Psychology
Dr. Jitendra Kumar K.
|Qualification||:||PhD., M.Phil. (TISS Mumbai) M.A. (Psychology-Lucknow University), ICMR-JRF & SRF (Psychology) UGC-NET in Psychology DAAD Fellowship at Freie University, Berlin, Germany|
|Specialization||:||Mental Health, Stress Management, Test & Scale Development, Organizational Behaviour, Discrimination issues, Personality and skill development|